Monday Ski Fun by Peggy

Last night I arrived at Birch Hill at 5:45pm and there were only 4 cars there... None of them were LOL...
I checked the Big building... No one... I checked the little building, no one.... :-(
I had checked the temp just prior to leaving work and it read -9.4F so I figured at least Some of the LOL's would
be there?!  (it was Really Cold down here in town, like -25F or -19F depending where you were) I was not really too
enthusiastic to be out skiing in the cold, but when it read Above -16F, I felt obligated to go.  I asked a few strangers who drove up, if they were there for LOL
and they looked at me weirdly and just said no....  there were several folks who drove up ... all said No.... ???

I called Kim and she was on her way up, but she was not very enthusiastic either.... we were talking ourselves out of
it as she was driving up... I had not even has a chance to change yet and my skis needed to be waxed, as did hers...
As we were talking, Carol K and her husband Don drove up.  I asked Carol if she was there for LOL and she said Yes.

Kim showed up and so there were 3 of us... we all went to the little building and I went to change and when I came out
there was Karri !  So we all waxed our skis and talked about how maybe we didn't
really want to be there and how the -7F sign was lying and how it felt much colder... both Karri and Kim said their cars
showed it to be -13 and -19 respectively.....

Sooooooooo, grumble, laugh, sigh..... off the 3 of us went....  Carol K suggested we go UP Tower to get warm, so we did!
But somewhere before the final big downhill, I lost control of my right leg and wiped Carol K out of the tracks.... but she jumped back up and off we went again!
At the bottom of Tower, we turned and did Roller Coaster/ Medivac (Carol and Karri did Medivac and Kim and I did Roller Coaster)....  Next we did the two little tiny loops off the stadium (names??) and then did then went down the tiny hill that
leads to White Bear extension?  ..... we skied down that and went right...  which led back up to the stadium.

We were going to then do the Roller Coaster/Medivac again (switching places) but Carol K noticed her head lamp was gone??!  We decided it must be up where she fell, so we took off up Tower Direct then went backwards on Tower and found her head lamp, sitting in the middle of trail!  YEA!!! :-)   We continued down the wrong way on Tower and ended up
near Roller Coaster again, so we switched it up and did it!  :-)  

By then we were at 4.5 miles.... we decided to make it 5, so we did the two tiny loops off the stadium again and then went
down the tiny hill to that leads to the White Bear extension and somehow we ended up doing a loop that completed the WBE and brought us back up to the stadium! We got back to the warm up hut and it was 5.16 miles total!!
Plus we were ALL HAPPY we had stuck it out and skied!!! :-)


So there you have it in a Nut shell (emphasis on NUT!) ;-)

--Peggy :-)

WEDNESDAY SKI FUN
Nan, Diane O.,Cathy E. Carol K., Gail, Mossy, Betsy, Lynn and Kayiu classic skied.  Johnna
skated.

CONGRATS a to Carol K., for completing ALL the trails at Birch Hill January 2 ,2015😃

Remember it's usually warmer up in the hills.  Be sure to come up out of the cold and SKI.  LOL meet and ski to -15.

Put another layer on and have FUN.  Chris